Assassins Creed IV - Game Review

Ahoy buckos, ye have come to me site to hear me scatter the words about Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag. But aye me life have been black spotted by me beauty when she upraised a mutiny against me. Even when I joined the mateys online I felt marooned.

Well to make it clear I have not finished the game yet. I have come to chapter 12 first memory and encountered a bug or something similar, that have put a stopper for my game. Whenever I try to load to new part it is spending an eternity on loading, actually I have never been done loading that part. I can at any time during the load cancel the memory and go round and collect treasures but just not end the game. When that is said let us talk about the game. It is about the young sailor Edward Kenway who have started a life as a pirate. We encounter troubles at the start meeting some templars and battling the government. It takes some time before you become an assassin. I am usually not good at following the story of a game because I really want to start playing but when I get through the game I more or less have the gist of it. Well not with this game I am not really sure what have happened and who the bad guys is. Thus I am following what is happening in present time in the game even though it is very secretive. I feel like most of the game as Kenway I have just been drifting about on my boat. In Assassins Creed III I really loved the sailing part because it was a fun side thing, like hunting, spelunking and treasure hunting. But in this game it is simply too much and with the late introduction of the assassins I really felt like it could have been its own series, making it a spinoff or something. The whole assassin thing does not mix well with the pirate thing. I really miss the similarities with the older games, do not get me wrong this is a great game, I just think it should be in its own series. Besides that the missions, I do not know if I am just focussing on the wrong point, but are they not mainly surveillance missions? Well they got a little repetitive and monotonously (yes it is two words for the same). There is a lot of fun side activities like sea hunting, community fun, mystic islands and more. I have caught around five white whales already and captured two royal convoys. But really this game is like a new series where the protagonist is going to find out what have happened to Desmond Miles.
And the online part, in the older games I have always felt like the server was floated but now it feel all empty and it would be nice with a cancel bottom when waiting for a game to start. I have now experienced twice sitting for minutes just waiting for the session leaders to find out that they should choose a mascot, it ended with everybody just shutting down the game. So a cancel bottom would be nice.

So I will give this game a rating on three and a half star out of five but keep in mind that I am taking half a star for that bug preventing me from finishing the game.

Comments